Friday, May 7, 2010
Well hello. Turbulent days these are. My friends and I can only hope that they improve. I have been more than a little preoccupied and it’s taken it’s toll. I feel that the universe is in a blender and it’s chopping and slicing and dicing and spitting out our fates at random, all disfigured and injured. You cant stop it, you can’t return it, you can’t switch one botched destiny for another; you have to grit your teeth and take what is dealt to you. Make the best of it. Cry a little because of it, but you deal with it and you acknowledge that things happen and we cannot change the cards dealt to us. We can however find ways to make fate work in our benefit. Living in a chaotic universe is not what makes us helpless. It is self doubt and fear of the chaos that makes us helpless. I am sometimes afraid of the unpredictability of life, but I refuse to let it defeat me. I will not succumb to my own self-fulfilling prophecy of failure. We may not always like the situations we find ourselves in, but we are powerful beings more than capable of putting a positive spin on it. For me, when things feel like they are falling apart, I turn to the pillow and slip into another world. I compare my life to the lives of less fortunate and count my blessings, this makes all the positive aspects of my life surface. I tell myself everything is orchestrated with thought, everything happens for a reason; all will be revealed. I light incense and put my cd player to use. I often tell myself when in waking life; this is just a shit dream, I’ll wake up soon. Then I can laugh at the happenings around me. But sometimes these methods of coping don’t always work, because depression can paralyze you and restrict you from making a creative recovery.. meaning you stay in stationary mode for a while and dance around in mental circles of self pity haha. Life is not miserable and life is not futile until you think it is. Existing can be hard, but we make it through it as long as we keep trusting that we can.