Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Even if society wants you to grow up, don't. Never ever ever grow up. I don't plan to. I especially refuse to give up my imagination. It is my most precious possesion, it is the thing that keeps me here, or rather doesn't keep me here. I will keep watching disney movies and I will climb as many trees as I want. I will tell the adult voice in my head to shutup when it says he might hurt me, and I will fall into it whether he catches me or not. I will dress up silly, I will dance silly, I will be silly and I honestly won't care. I will play on the swings, I will have water fights and I will eat chocolate for breakfast. We get about 25 years where this is acceptable and then the rest of our lives to feel like idiots about it. I'm going to make the most of those years. Stop worrying! Take a breathe! Stretch out your arms, spin in a circle, fall over and laugh. I am Peter Pan, I am hiding in the secret garden, and it has never felt so good. You should too.