Dear idiots,
For the past year at least I've kept relatively quiet about the ever-prosperous trend of claiming you suffer from full blown insomnia, simply because you've had trouble falling asleep that night, or maybe the night before aswell. By definition, insomnia is persistent difficulty falling asleep, or staying asleep despite the opportunity. Key word here being 'persistant'. Now correct me if I am wrong, but I know that I didnt read that definition as 'an inability to sleep for one or maybe two nights due to sleeping all day' or 'staying up all night emailing hawt babez and paying for it in the morning'.By claiming you have this condition which you all incorrectly classify as a 'disease', which by the way, in doing this you are further perpetuating the idea that you have no idea what you are talking about, as insomnia is not a disease itself, but rather a symptom of a larger one, and are simply trying to put a trendy label on what should be more accurately defined as a lack of self discipline, you are doing nothing except diminishing the validity of the plight of the very legitimate sufferers, and making yourselves look like silly little fools harbouring hypochondriac behaviours they are yet to fully understand. Please find a new trend as the internet is no longer impressed by this one. Love, Lindsay.
PS: Please note I am totally aware there are people with the disorder, so don't go slamming me as some negative nancy who considers her opinion the be all and end all of such. Although in saying this, I'm sure you'll find that more often than not, those legitimate sufferers aren't the ones emblazoning their myspace pages with "I HAS INSOMNIA :( :( :(", freqently in large letters and even more frequently, alternating caps. Bye.